Valentine’s Day is here! And like I’ve said before, I love making treats to celebrate. They must be hearts. So, I bring you my Peanut Butter Pretzel Hearts. They’re salty and sweet, such a yummy combo. Also, they can be very, very addictive. I can’t stop at one. Or two. Anyway, Peanut Butter Pretzel Hearts are pretzels and peanut butter filling that are coated in candy and sprinkles. The twists are in a heart shape, so the hard part is already done!
In a bowl, stir together the peanut butter and butter until smooth. Then stir in the confectioner’s sugar and vanilla extract. You want to keep stirring until smooth. It may be crumbly in places, but keep stirring and kneading with a spoon to get the creamy finish. If you can’t get it to smoothen out, you can add a bit more peanut butter or unsalted butter.
Cover the bowl of peanut butter and freeze for 30 minutes. I think it’s easier to work with when it’s cold. If you don’t freeze, the peanut butter may be soft and too malleable to spread.
Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Lay out the pretzels on the sheet. Be sure none overlap or touch.
Drop about a teaspoonful of the peanut butter mixture onto the center of each pretzel. Then very gently, spread the peanut butter mixture out. You want to cover the top of the pretzel fully. Be very gentle as the pretzels can break at this point. Cover and freeze overnight on the wax covered baking sheet.
For Christmas, Mike got me this Wilton Candy Melts Melting Pot. I was pretty excited to give it a try. It worked like a charm to melt the candies perfectly. Once you’ve melted the candies, dip in the pretzels and fully coat. The pretzel goes back onto the wax paper to set. But, before it does, make sure you Garnish with sprinkles! Allow the candy to fully set before removing from the wax paper.
I made these little treats for Valentine’s Day, but they’re a fun treat anytime of the year for someone you love! Don’t forget to share on Facebook or Insta and tag us! @garnishinglife #garnishinglife
If you’re looking for more special treats, try out Cupid’s Floats. They’re delicious and perfect for your special Valentine!
Peanut Butter Pretzel Hearts
- 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbs Unsalted Butter Softened
- 1/2 Cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 30 Small Pretzel Twists
- Red or Pink Candy Melts
- Sprinkles for Garnish
- In a bowl, stir together the peanut butter and butter until smooth.
- Stir in the confectioner’s sugar and vanilla extract.
- Keep stirring until fully combined.
- Cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Place pretzels out flat on the sheet.
- Drop 1 tsp of the peanut butter mixture onto the center of each pretzel.
- Using a butter knife, very gently spread the peanut butter mixture over the pretzel to cover the top.
- Cover and freeze overnight.
- In a bowl, or using a Candy Melts Melting Pot, melt the candy melts until smooth.
- Dip the pretzels into the melted candy until fully coated.
- Set the pretzel back onto the wax paper.
- Garnish with sprinkles, as desired, before the candies set.
- Allow to fully set before removing from the wax paper.