So, this week, we’re going to get into how jealous I am with how popular Mike’s Sausage and Bacon Breakfast Casserole is. When we set up our blog model, we decided that he’d mainly dish out the cocktails, and I would stick to the cooking and baking. We’d crossover here and there, but for the most part, those are our lanes. Well, he busts out his Sausage and Bacon Breakfast Casserole and it just goes crazy! It’s been our most popular recipe for weeks. But now I have a contender! This is my Beefy Tater Tot Casserole. It’s super simple and quick to make and comes out as a pretty hearty meal. So give it a try, and as always, let us know how it came out! #Garnishinglife
To start, preheat oven to 425°. While the oven preheats, you can start to brown your beef. Salt and pepper to your preference while it browns. Then, add the onion and cook for a few more minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in soup, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and remove from heat. And that’s the hardest part of the recipe! See, so simple!
Prepare your 9” x 13” baking dish with cooking spray. The center isn’t really necessary, I concentrate more on the bottom of the pan near the edges and up the sides. Then spoon your meat mixture right into the center of the baking dish. Along the edges of the meat mixture, arrange the tater tots to form a wall, like a crust to the meat. Bake for 25 minutes – but at the 23 minutes mark, quickly spread your cheese over the top. I like to concentrate more on the tater tots, but you may cover evenly, too. Bake for the remaining 2 minutes.
Garnish with a drizzle of ketchup, if desired. Cut in half down the center, and each half into thirds to allow for 6 servings. If you desire to double up your ingredients, I would recommend cutting into 9 equal pieces.
Beefy Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Cup White Onion diced
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Cups Frozen Tater Tots
- 1/2 Tsp Seasoning Salt
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet.
- Season beef as desired with salt & pepper.
- Stir in onion and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in soup, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- Lightly spray 9” x 13” baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spoon meat mixture into the center of the baking dish.
- Arrange tater tots along the inside edge of the baking pan.
- Season tater tots with seasoning salt.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Add cheese on top after 23 minutes, and bake for the remaining 2 minutes.
- Garnish with a drizzle of ketchup, if desired.